The Dick Hamilton series.
Although this is a series with “Howard R. Garis” as a byline, it was outlined and owned by the Stratemeyer Syndicate.
1. Dick Hamilton’s Fortune (1909)
2. Dick Hamilton’s Cadet Days (1910)
3. Dick Hamilton’s Steam Yacht (1911)
4. Dick Hamilton’s Football Team (1912)
5. Dick Hamilton’s Touring Car (1913)
6. Dick Hamilton’s Airship (1914)
It is a little unusual for a series idea in describing how the protagonist inherited a fortune and how he used it.
The books were expensive so did not sell well from the original publisher, Grosset & Dunlap. However, once the books were reprinted by Goldsmith for the cheap dime store marketplace, they had much stronger sales.